The purposes of the John Ross PTO are:
- To promote better relationship between faculty and parents for a better understanding of children and intelligent cooperation for the benefit of the child;
- To promote voluntary assistance to the faculty and school;
- To become knowledgeable concerning local school policies of education in order to promote high standards of school and home life advantageous to all children enrolled;
- To become knowledgeable of educatioal developments on city, state, and national levels;
- To promote adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth; and
- To develop between John Ross and the public such united efforts as will secure for every child the highest advantages in education.